Monday, June 24, 2013

Challenged: Life is Good?

I sure did fall down on the photo challenge! Oh, I think I might resume again with the list.  It is fun. But obviously it won't be done in the month of June! What really happened was that life itself became too challenging.  Plain and simple. :)
I just got back from town.  I followed a vehicle down the hill that had the worn out "Life is Good" slogan on the spare tire cover.  I see it all over- on all the Subarus, and Jeeps, and SUVs, and Land Rovers.  I really don't have a problem with it; it can be taken as a reminder to count your blessings. But, everytime I see it I think to myself, "God is good." Kind of like mentally correcting peoples' bad grammar the instant they "seen" something.
Today I was trying to deal with my overwhelmed emotional state of mind.  I kept running into walls.  I understand how blessed I am.  I understand God's call to me as a wife and mother.  I understand that hormones and fatigue are playing a huge role in how I am carrying out my calling.  The conflict is between what I know and what I feel . I finally decided to let the tears go in the shower and then to quit trying to reconcile my feelings with the facts.  I don't think feelings can be rationally reconciled with facts. So my memo to myself is: do what ever you have to do, whether mandated by God or circumstances, and hold on; you'll feel better eventually. The thing is, maybe life is good, and maybe not. God is good. Always.



Grandma has beautiful poppies right now.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know if it helps to know...been there...done that! :-) Hang in there, you are right, God is good, and its when I get my eyes off that fact and start looking at me and my wants...is when I forget that fact!! Sorry to say, its not a once an done battle! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? I do not understand what is wrong with blogger, but I don't go on about my muddle unless I have a clear reason. I wrote a small paragraph informing my reader that I am 14 weeks pregnant and tired. I do not see that paragraph in the published post. I tried multiple times to edit and add that information, but it won't take. Strange. However the fact remains, there is a baby on the way and we are very happy about it! And I am at times struggling with keeping my chin up and steady. :) But, God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dena. I believe you do know about this!

    ReplyDelete