Friday, August 17, 2012

Camping at Boulder Creek

     We went camping last weekend. We left Saturday about 11:00 or so and got home on Sunday about 1:00.
     It can be good to leave your house and habits. When we go camping we go where there are no bathrooms or kitchens. It is good for me to get that basic because I become so grateful. I have thoughts about my ancestors being tougher than me. About how they might have seen six loads of laundry on my floor as a chance to see my washer do a days work in, well, a day. But hardly any effort on my part. And as much as I sometimes resent my tiny, unhandy kitchen, really, what can I say? When I go camping, I ask Jay questions such as, "If I were exiled to the woods, how long would it be until I didn't live on a dirt floor?"
     Well anyway, we had a nice time camping. We cooked good food, played in the river, and watched shooting stars. Of course, everything has a special delight when you're introducing your children to it.












2 comments:

  1. That's a massive plate of food for camping! And poor mima was tired. And I wish I didn't have to turn my computer sideways to see your pictures! :) BUT you posted! Twice! So I'm content. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My heart! My poor aching heart! How I miss yall and those sweet little girls! I so enjoyed the post, it made me want to go out and go camping so badly with yall!

    ReplyDelete