Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I am

I am a born. 
I am a sinner. 
I am saved by the blood of Jesus. 
I  am imperfect. 
I am unique. 
I am a whole person, through Jesus. 
I am a woman. 
I am wired to experience life through my emotions. 
I am not a victim of my emotions. 
I am strong when I identify my sadness, my fear, my anger, and consecrate them to God. 
I am in prayer constantly about something that is bothering me. 
I am not always intense. 
I am sometimes dull. 
I am sometimes just happy. 
I am always counting my blessings as an antidote for dissatisfaction. 
I am a hard worker, a deep thinker. 
I am usually behind on sleep. 
I am usually seeking to improve. 
I am sometimes starved for novelty. 
I am a lover of music. 
I am an information junkie. 
I am desiring to know God better because my needs are so great. I am in need of wisdom and strength to meet life's demands. 
Basically, I am just a 35 year old woman with three little kids. I am in love with them and their dad. I am blessed. 
Who would ever guess she used to be a momma baby? 

This picture epitomizes my life. Little girl had the phone, bed unmade, struggling with the wiggly baby, trying to get out the door. :) I can see the humor in it. 

I'm still taking pictures of bugs. 

6 comments:

  1. Ok so this post made me want to sit down, have a cup of tea and chat. Heart things, life things, weather, kids, etc etc. I need another Idaho visit! By the way, the bug picture is pretty awesome, you can see the intricate details on his glassy wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you don't seem to have the "identity crisis" that some of us had at your age and stage. Nice posting. It's all real. Yup, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do, Arla. But I've asked a lot of questions, and I'm learning that I'm me, even as a wife and mother.

      Delete
  3. I think it would be so interesting to see more posts like this. With three pictures that show who you are in life as well. Shall we start a challenge?! I can identify with a lot of your I ams. We must be sisters. We must have good personalities because we also have so many good friends with good personalities who like coffee and phylosifying also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I challenge you to do your own "I am" post. Can't wait to read it!

      Delete