Friday, June 13, 2014

June 11



Today was such a lovely day. The end.  Oh, ok then. I worked outside in the flower beds, digging weeds, moving plants like so much furniture, and happily lopping off out of control wild roses. 
 We aren't gardening this year. That is, we didn't plant a huge vegetable garden. I planted double the amount of flowers in my cut flower garden.  And then I had a little room left, so I planted two rows of beans.  And that's it, except for a few volunteer tomatoes in the green house. I've decided to take care of them. Who knows? We might get a few. 
The reason we aren't gardening this year is that I  told Jay that I didn't want to garden and take care of a baby. It turns out that baby is so good that I probably could do all that canning and freezing. But honestly, I am loving the break. And anyway, we are hoping and praying to add on to our house soon. If we are able to start that project this summer we will be very glad that we don't have a garden. So now you know. 
Back to today. Vitamin D in sunshine form is amazing. I feel tired , but strong and happy. If only laundry and dishes could do themselves! 
Tonight I took a walk with the kids. Before I left I snapped a few pictures of my flower beds. And then I kept trying to be fancy with the iphone. 











3 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you have plenty of gardening that you do anyway. Beautiful little homestead there. Best wishes on your house project. Obviously, your girls are your best crop to date. -amg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your place is just simple gorgeous. I enjoyed the update and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOT boring at all, as you stated prior to me at campout. always lovely to see my sister's perspectives! Your girls are cute too but your little guy gives me serious mushy, squishy urges to kiss and hug him to bits.

    ReplyDelete