Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Stealing Sunshine


A most unremarkable photo, but one element of it brings me the deepest contentment. That is sunshine. On these sunny winter-masquerading-as-spring days I make myself a cup of hot peppermint tea, grab a blanket and head for the front porch. Sitting Indian style on the front porch, wrapped in a blanket, sipping hot peppermint tea, listening to the snow melt in drops off the storage building roof, hearing the bamboo chimes swinging in the breeze, even the not so distant sound of traffic; all these as a back drop for the warm golden sun beating down on my face-bliss. Perfect contentment. I don't know why, but I ....
And so that is as far I got back in February. Well, two months of my life are not missing just because I never blogged them. But January and February are months in which you count your blessings a lot. You thank God for every bit of sunshine you see. You thank God that you were only down with the flu for one week. You thank God that the kids are alive and basically healthy-the evidence can be heard in their cabin fevered voices, bless their hearts.
We did do some beautiful things this winter. Not beautiful as in perfect but beautiful as in worthwhile. Jay did some wood working. He made a lovely, lovely chess board, a few pizza peels, a few boxes,a few benches, and some coasters. My project was choir. About 13 of us ladies from church formed a choir. We practiced every Tuesday night, and gave a program a week ago. That's my kind of fun!
So there you have it. I'm current.

1 comment:

  1. The sitting in the sun with tea and blanket, hearing the snow melt, sounds blissful. That would be my 15 minutes of a happy place I think. :)

    ReplyDelete